Alexis karpouzos (Greek : Αλέξης καρπούζος) was born in Athens on April 9, 1967, after attending philosophy and social studies courses at the Athens School of Philosophy and political science courses at the Athens Law School, he continued his studies in psychoanalysis and the psychology of learning. During his studies in Greece he has actively involved in the social, ecologic and occupancy movements. At the same time (starting in 1990), he met Cornelius Castoriadis an Greek-born philosopher and attended his lectures and lessons He was influenced by Castoriadis attempt to connect philosophy with psychoanalysis and politics in order to gain a new perspective on some of the problems of society during his time. In 1995 he met with Kostas Axelos and was inspired by his post-philosophical thinking and his central concepts, such as the concepts of the play.
CAREER[edit | edit source]
The originality of Alexis Karpouzos thought is that it crosses the most diverse fields, the most opposing philosophies, to unite them into an often contradictory and broken whole. Marx and Heidegger, Nietzsche, Freud and Heraclitus, poets and political theorists all come together in the same distance and the same unusual proximity. Alexis karpouzos use Pre-Socratics philosophy and generally the ancient Greek philosophy, as well as the pre-philosophical thinking of The Upanishads, the Vedas and Buddhism in India, of Lao Tzu, of Zen Buddhism and the Taoist tradition in China, of the Arab mystics and poets, with their metaphysical religiosity as the metaphysical basis for the interpretation and understanding of the world and existence. At the same time the ancient metaphysics is connect with Hegel’s dialectical ontology and with the modern thinking of Marx, Nietzsche, Freud, Heidegger, and others as the interpretive context for understanding the central problems of the technical and scientific world during his time. Novalis, Hölderlin, Rimbaud, Whitman, Eliot and others show the dreamy nature of existence, the transcendence of the Cosmos, welcome the infinity. For Alexis karpouzos the combination of ancient and modern thought creates the holistic experience of universal space-time and the consciousness of the unity. Alexis karpouzos currently writes and tours as a teacher. He holds that is only the mind and the language that divides unity of universal space-time into conceptual parts, while Consciousness remains one unified whole. "I invite people to just remember that the world does not consist of subjects and objects, the "subject" and the "object" are metaphysical abstractions of the single and indivisible Wholeness. Man's finite knowledge separates the Whole into parts and studies fragmentarily the beings. The Universal Wholeness is manifested in multiple forms and each form encapsulates the Wholeness. All beings and things, visible and invisible are interrelated and inseparable, are the same and different forms of open wholeness. You are not separate from that which you are intrinsically a part of, regardless of how distant other things seem to be from you. You are a part of all that appears to you, and they are all a part of you. You affect each other, because you are one another. The possibility of survival, passing through a generous and friendly relationship with the other man, with the other beings, the planet as a whole, the stars and the whole universe. Αs he says, 'We need a post-ontological poetic thought, we need a sense of the unity of life and of humans for the sake of human welfare and for the survival of the planet. We need a sense of unity with the cosmos so that we can connect with Reality. But we also need a sense of individuality, for the sake of our own dignity and independence and of the loving care for others. We need it to appreciate each natural form, each animal and plant, each human person in their uniqueness'. For the Alexis karpouzos, ''The invitation for each of us is to dive into the mystery of our questions and our wondering, and come out of the trance of certainty, the idea that we’re supposed to “know” what to do with this life or have some absolute conclusion or resolution about the many paradoxes and contradictions of our existence. Invite you to soften into your doubts, celebrate your uncertainty, and come to see the beauty - and ultimate safety - in Not Knowing. We know not where the journey leads, nor whether a final destination is even a meaningful concept. The attraction is the inherent thrill of participating in a grand creative endeavor for which participation is its own reward''. The poetic thought of Alexis karpouzos is a expressions of soul's inner experiences, expression of universality. The inspiring visual images and the symbolic use of language offer a description of elevating experiences of consciousness, a glimpse of higher worlds. The philosophy of Alexis karpouzos speak to the human experience from a universal perspective, transcending all religions, cultural and national boundaries. Using vivid images and a direct language that speaks to the heart, his philosophy evokes a sense of deep communication with the collective unconscious, a sense of connection to all the creatures of the world, compassion for others, admiration for the beauty of nature, reverence for all life, and an abiding faith in the invisible touch of world. Alexis karpouzos thoughts are often terse and paradoxical, challenging us to to break out of the box of limiting beliefs and see things from a new perspective. Above all, Alexis karpouzos continually calls to us to wake up and explore the mysteries within our own selves, i.e. the mysteries of universe.
BOOKS[edit | edit source]Alexis karpouzos has published twelve books in Greek and six in English: 1.The self criticism of science, 2. Cosmology: philosophy and physics, 3. Universal consciousness: The bridges between science and spirituality, 4. The end of certainty, 5. The 4th dimension in art and science, 6.An ocean of souls, 7. Non-duality The themes of his books relate to: General Philosophy and Ontology, History of Ideas, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Science, Educational Philosophy, Cosmology and Physics and Social Sciences.
FILMS[edit | edit source]
- Alexis karpouzos has written two screenplays for the cinema.
- 1. We are a conversation".
- A theatrical performance as a dreamlike journey into the world of poetry. The thematic axis focuses on the existential, social concerns as well as dead ends of contemporary living. ''We are a conversation" is a poetic journey to the realm of emotions, of sensibilities and imagination. The global language of poetry (east and west) by following the paths of emotion, of sensitivity and of the imagination, it is a vehicle for transmitting human knowledge and values, history, ancient traditions, and links with nature. It transmits the human values and worldly knowledge that are essential for opening ourselves to the Other. Artistic creation, therefore, forges very strong links between humans -it transcends beyond languages, beliefs and cultures. The film ''We are the conversation'', gathers together the most famous poems and poets from all over the world. It is a celebration of our linguistic diversity and a reminder of our commonalities and the fundamental role verbal art plays in human life around the world. With poems by influential poets such as Friedrich Holderlin, Rainer Maria Rilke, Novalis, Friedrich Schiller, Heinrich Heine, Goethe, Arthur Rimbaud, Paul Verlaine, Henry David Thoreau, Walt Whitman, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Rumi, Hafez, Shirazi. Each poem appears in its original form, in a vibrant celebration of life, diversity, language, and the enduring power of poetry. At a time when the Humanities are under threat, this film offers a defense of poetry within the context of growing interest in mindfulness in spirituality, in consciousness, in art, in education. The film argues that the benefits and insights mindfulness provides are also cultivated by the study of poetry. These benefits include a focus on the present, a rethinking of subjectivity, and the development of ecological thinking and also of universal consciousness. Alexis karpouzos argues the skills that poetry, like mindfulness, cultivates are useful beyond the political correct and ultimately are necessary to engage with such global issues as the environmental crisis.
- 2. "Deadline 2017",
- Philosophers, scientists and artists discuss for the death and the possibility of life after death. There is a basic uncertainty in the lives of us all. The reality is that without exception we are all going to die. However, it is possible to find grace in this uncertainty, and to live more fully or comfortably with the knowledge that death may be close at hand. The 'Deadline 2017" is an poetic exploration of what makes life living in the face of death and how to move forward with grief and loss. Philosophers and scientists explain the experience of death. Fascinating, insightful talks on what it means to be human and live a good life without the fear of death. Be inspired by these speakers who found comfort in transforming grief and sadness into action, art and progress. it's not always easy to know how to talk about dying.
MUSIC[edit | edit source]
Alexis karpouzos has released two music albums. 1. An ocean of souls, 2. Beyond the heaven, 
PERSONAL LIFE[edit | edit source]
Alexis karpouzos travels the world speaking to seekers from all walks of life. A spiritual teacher and author, he shares his direct experience of the essential message, the invisible touch of non duality, it to all who want to discover universal consciousness and the experience of lasting fulfillment. Through his life and words, he powerfully articulates how it is really possible to everyone to discover the Universal Self and to be true to that discovery. Alexis karpouzos shares a simple message: "When you look deeply into yourself you may be able to see that there is, in this moment, a quality of aliveness that is animating you that is not philosophical and is not abstract. It's independent of what you think about it, what you believe about it and what you feel about it. It's always there! it is animating your breath, It is coursing the spirit, it is what makes it possible for you to think and speak and see and hear. This is the invisible touch.
Alexis karpouzos is the Founder of the International Community of Learning, Research and Culture in Greece. Alexis karpouzos Community has contacts and partnerships in 15 countries. More than 10.000 people have participated in the lessons and community's actions. Our goal is to create a spiritual experience in consciousness worldwide where people recognize that we are all part of an interconnected whole. The community's activities include residential courses and conferences. The Community also runs discussion groups, social activities, art workshops, produces events, publishes books and videos in Greece. Apart from its educational and research aspects, the center organizes, develops and takes part in a self-organized actions: ·Art Actions (visual actions, musical actions and drama group) ·Cultural Actions (cinema club, dance club) ·Socilal Actions (Social Solidarity Clinic, social school, School for migrants and refugees).
IMPORTANT ARTICLES[edit | edit source]
We live in a universe that can be seen and experienced from many different perspectives. We therefore need to look at the universe from many different angles. Everything and everyone is a form of the universe being expressed in a particular way. In other words, each one of us can say with absolute certainly “We are the Universe!” Since we are the universe, each one of us provides a valuable perspective that complements the contributions of everyone and everything else around us.Each of us is the universe being expressed in a particular location in a specific way. We’re all part of the same moving and evolving cosmos, but the view of it is unique from each of our respective locations.
This suggests that the universe is not only omnicentric, but that it is also multiperspectival there are many different, and equally valid, viewpoints on this. Each one of us is a cosmic laboratory within which we can discover the secrets of the universe.We speak in various ways, we are each the universe having become aware of itself in our own unique way. The insights that the universe has many different perspectives and is both cosmic and personal has great transformative potential, and is worth reflecting on deeply.The intimate sense of self-awareness we experience bubbling up at each moment is rooted in the originating activity of the Universe. We are all of us arising together at the invisible center of the cosmos.” We once thought that we were no bigger than our physical bodies, but now we are discovering that we are deeply connected participants in the continuous co-arising of the entire Universe. Awakening to our larger identity as both unique and inseparably connected with a co- arising Universe transforms feelings of existential separation into experiences of subtle communion as bio-cosmic beings. We are far richer, deeper, more complex, and more alive than we ever thought. To discover this in our direct experience is to enter a new age of exploration and discovery.
The Universe is continuously emerging as a fresh creation at every moment. All point to this same, extraordinary insight. The Universe is not static, nor is its continuation assured. Instead, the Universe is like a cosmic hologram that is being continuously upheld and renewed at every instant. A universal encouragement found across the world’s wisdom traditions is to live in the ‘NOW.’ This core insight has a clear basis in physics: The present moment is the place of direct connection with the entire Universe as it arises continuously. Each moment is a fresh formation of the Universe, emerging seamlessly and flawlessly.
Awakening to our conscious connection with the living Universe naturally expands our scope of concern and compassion — and brightens the prospect of working together to build a sustainable future.
NOTABLE IDEAS[edit | edit source]
Alexis karpouzos advocate a post philosophical approach with poetic and aphoristic tendencies. Ηis philosophy combines Logos and mysticism, the precision of science and the vision of poetry. His deep wisdom εxplores the unthinkable. Ηis thought is a conversation with the unknown. Its basic concepts are those of 'invisible rhythm', 'universal cosnciousness', 'non-duality', 'cosmic unity', ' unity/multiplicity', 'empty space-time'.
Read inspirational, motivational and famous quotes by alexis karpouzos
- “You come from the depths of infinity and from all directions of space-time. Every atom in you comes from a different star, every cell are made of celestial radiation. You're the smile of no birth and no death. You are the Great Poetry.”
2. “We can't communicate the incommunicable, we can't explain the inconceivable, life's fullness forever lies in wait about each one of us, and the lonely emptiness of existence is permanent, but a star deep in our heart lead us the way home.”
3. “Don't say I'm insignificant in the infinite, don't say i'm alone in life, you are a cosmic collection that dances harmoniously. You coexist with all beings, visible and invisible together, you are bound from the energy of the universe itself.”
4. “Our souls are tied across universes, there is unbroken continuity, you see the love is more powerful than death, so let the winds of the heavens to dance with you and give your smile at the other's welcome".
EXTERNAL LINKS[edit | edit source]
alexis karpouzos on IMDB https://www.imdb.com/name/nm11470064/
alexis karpouzos on Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/~/e/B081VGDQVD
alexis karpouzos on Goodreads
alexis karpouzos on Twitter
alexis karpouzos on Instagram
alexis karpouzos on Spotify